Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Blogging, Blogging, Blogging

It seems that Shawn and I have not kept up on this blog nearly as well as we thought we would. I think this is for a number of reasons. It has to do with being busy and being lazy. And for me, it has to do with the fact that we don't always know what to write. We kind of started this blog for us and then we realized it was more for our friends and families. The thing is, anyone can read this blog. A lot of the things we experience here aren't really things we want to discuss on a public forum. Yes, we have used it as a way to recap our experieces but there is a lot more to it. Some of the most impactful things we are experiencing here but haven't really talked about include race, crime, politics, poverty, being American, and many other tough issues. I'm excited to talk about them when we get back though. We have five and half weeks left and as our trip is coming to a close I'm truly realizing some things about myself, Africa and the US. We are excited to be getting home but sad to go. I hope you will all forgive us if our blogging has been lacking. It takes a long time to sort everything out. I'm going to start trying now and once we get back maybe more things will come to surface. So keep checking--there will hopefully be more posts soon :)

1 comment:

  1. This is SO true! It's been great to "follow" your adventures and please soak up your last month in South Africa! -Brock-

    ReplyDelete