Sunday, February 13, 2011

1st Weekend Trip!

Hey Everyone!
I don't have much time to talk but I just thought I would give a quick update about our amazing weekend. We had so much fun and took lots of pictures but I only have a little bit of time so I'll make it quick and post more later.
There were nine of us that went on the trip this weekend. We rented two cars and left on Friday morning at around nine. The cars were really tiny but they only cost us each 20 dollars US for four days. We went on Friday to Jefferey's Bay which is and our west of PE. We stayed at a hostel right on the beach. It was my first hostel experience and man was it a lot of fun. We just spent the day on the beach and just laid around soaking up the sun. There was a sand bar that was connected to the hostel so we just sat there for a long time talking a having a couple drinks. We saw a heard of dolphins close to shore so that was really cool. At night we met up with our Irish friends and went to this Greek restaurant. It had a neat atmosphere and the food was awesome. Alyssa and I both got pizza. The night in the hostel wasn't bad. The guys had one room and the girls had another. It's pretty nice staying in a place for only 15 bucks a night. Then we all got up early to watch the sun rise over the ocean. After that we ate pb & J and headed for Storms River. Five people in our group bungee jumped off Bloukrans Bridge. It's the world's highest commercial bungee jump, and let me tell you it was the sickest thing I've ever seen. It was so cool to watch them free fall of the bridge with the ocean behind them. Our friend Patrick was so crazy and he did it twice. It was really cool to watch and I'll put up pictures later. After that the other half of us went on a zipline canopy tour. There were ten ziplines and we had so much fun. We have some videos and pictures and I'll post those later as well. I went ahead of Lyssa so it was fun to get to watch her coming in. I was surprised how fast they went. It was a three hour tour and they fed us supper afterward. By that time we were all tired so we just went back to the Tube N' Axe hostel we were staying in a crashed.
Today we got up early and went to Tsitsikamma National Park. We literally climbed up the side of a mountain!! Alyssa had gotten sit this morning but she still toughed it out and went along. It was a 6.25 km hike round trip. It took us about 3 hours but it was well worth it. At the end of the trail was this amazing waterfall. I jumped in and swam to the falls and then jumped back into the water. We have a lot of good pictures and I will try to put them on facebook. After that we just came back. I'm sorry this is brief and not very descriptive but I will try to update later on when I have more time. We start class in the morning so we are getting excited for that. I hope everyone is doing well back home and we will talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment